Group

Group Admins

• Profile picture of Kate Ellenberger

Digital Public Archaeology

Public Group active 2 months, 1 week ago

Theorizing, strategizing, and employing public archaeology in the digital world.

Opening my project up to DPA folks for comment!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kate Ellenberger Kate Ellenberger 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #555
    Profile photo of Kate Ellenberger
    Kate Ellenberger
    Participant

My project is a digital public archaeology website that will be the capstone for a multi-decade, multivocal local heritage initiative. My blog posts on this topic: http://bit.ly/1SQ5lre & http://bit.ly/1ViFiXf

(Sorry for those following the private forum thread! This is a rehash of content from some posts I made on there to start a discussion in a publicly accessible place.)

I am testing out some pinterest clones in my wordpress installation at reclaim hosting. Now I am trying to install iPin Pro at http://www.pocumtuckheritage.org

To implement my plan I may to make a ‘multi site’ to make this work because each subdomain will need a different theme or else I can’t install/modify these pinterest clones only on one otherwise… I think…

Key bits from my most recent blog post:

“We came up with an initial idea a few months ago which has three sections (if you are thinking from a technological standpoint):

• A front page which introduces the visitor to the purpose and functioning of the website; graphic, accessible, modern

• A pinboard-style narrative-building section using artifact photographs as entry points; bits of historical, archaeological, local oral history, indigenous oral tradition, and other narratives attached to each photograph will be selectable by the visitor, who will construct a personal narrative (pinboard, of sorts) of the compelling bits (pins) they take away from their navigation of the information

• A hub for recognizing and hosting (or linking, depending on author preference and copyright restrictions) the research products throughout the history of this project”

I have heard everything from build a wiki to make a github page but it is key that non-techie folk who I leave this to can do basic updates without me so I am a bit hesitant on some of them.

Am I nutso for doing this in WordPress?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close

Account Activated

Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up.

Close

Account sign-in

Please use the form below to sign-in to your account.

Forgot password?
Close

Recover password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.

We've sent you an activation link. Please check your inbox.

Close

Account signup

1 Account Info

2 Personal Info

Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we'll get a new account set up for you in no time.

In order to avoid spam, automatic account registration is restricted to emails from the following domains – .edu, .org, .gov. To register with a different email address, please write to digitalarchaeology@matrix.msu.edu to request an account.

Success!

A confirmation link has been emailed to you

Skip to toolbar