Group

Group Admins

• Profile picture of Katy Meyers Emery

GIS, Space and Open Web Mapping

Public Group active 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Group to discuss challenges, hacks, questions, and discussions regarding the use of spatial tools for digital archaeology

Putting Mapbox maps in my version of Ieldran

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Maria Bruno Maria Bruno 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #592
    Profile photo of Maria Bruno
    Maria Bruno
    Participant

Hey gang,

I posted this in the general MSUDAI forum under my project for my mentors to see, but thought this group might also be of help here. Any suggestions welcome!

Today a ventured to put some very basic maps that I “created” using the new Mapbox Studio. The new version of Mapbox appears to have lots of tools to customize your maps, which I hope to take advantage of eventually. For now, I just used some of their basic styles to get three different views of the peninsula that I’d like to display. I saved and “published” them and got the apis.

I then went into the section of the code in my version of “Commented_ieldran” where Katy had indicated the basemaps belong. I simply replaced the links she had included to her Mapquest maps with my Mapbox apis. I also renamed the maps and used find/replace in my text editor to make sure the name appeared in all the necessary places.

Sadly, I see no maps. Here’s are gone (except for some roads on the third view) but mine aren’t appearing. I’m guessing it has something do with the fact that her links weren’t apis and mine are? Also there is one line in the code for each map (below), which I did not touch. This might also have something to do with my problem.

subdomains: [“otile1”, “otile2”, “otile3”, “otile4”]

If Brian or anyone wants to go into the my GitHub ‘paisajes‘ to check it out and lend me a hand, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Maria

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Maria Bruno Maria Bruno.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close

Account Activated

Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up.

Close

Account sign-in

Please use the form below to sign-in to your account.

Forgot password?
Close

Recover password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.

We've sent you an activation link. Please check your inbox.

Close

Account signup

1 Account Info

2 Personal Info

Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we'll get a new account set up for you in no time.

In order to avoid spam, automatic account registration is restricted to emails from the following domains – .edu, .org, .gov. To register with a different email address, please write to digitalarchaeology@matrix.msu.edu to request an account.

Success!

A confirmation link has been emailed to you

Skip to toolbar