Group

Group Admins

• Profile picture of Ethan Watrall

Institute for Digital Archaeology Method & Practice

Public Group active 3 years, 1 month ago

Discussion group for the members and faculty of the NEH Funded Institute for Digital Archaeology Method & Practice (http://digitalarchaeology.msu.edu) organized by Michigan State University’s Department of Anthropology and MATRIX: The Center for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences

CSS/HTML columns from shorcode objects in WordPress

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jolene Smith 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #824

Jolene Smith
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m making great progress with my site! The KORA Connect WordPress plugin is working great and now I’m trying to wrangle the output into submission with CSS and am running into trouble. Here’s the overview:

The WordPress shortcode pulls in PHP elements. If I add a WordPress gallery with no CSS edits, all items show up, but they’re too big and in a big line down the screen. I’d like to make them grid up neatly without doing it by hand (and to pay it forward to others using the plugin in the future).

I made some progress by defining a class and using CSS to turn it into three columns. While this is a victory for a web design newbie like myself, I really want the individual objects to align. Can I edit the shortcode or the CSS to define the objects?

The page I’m grinding into a pulp is http://vaarchaeology.matrix.msu.edu/index.php/rocketts-2/

Here’s my very simple CSS edit:

.korawrapcontent {

column-count: 3;
    column-gap: 10px;
    }

Here’s what the shortcode looks like:

[KORAGALLERY KG_TYPE= ‘infscroll’ KG_IMAGECONTROL= ‘Image’ KG_AUDIOCONTROL= ‘default’ KG_VIDEOCONTROL= ‘default’ KG_TITLECONTROL= ‘Title’ KG_DESCCONTROL= ‘Description’ KGIS_PAGESIZE=’5′ SID = ‘850’ QUERY= ‘(kid,eq,97-352-0),or,(kid,eq,97-352-1),or,(kid,eq,97-352-2),or,(kid,eq,97-352-3),or,(kid,eq,97-352-4),or,(kid,eq,97-352-5),or,(kid,eq,97-352-6),or,(kid,eq,97-352-7),or,(kid,eq,97-352-8),or,(kid,eq,97-352-9)’] [/KORAGALLERY]

#825

Ethan Watrall
    Keymaster

why don’t you insert a Gallery of KORA objects instead of single objects?

#826

Jolene Smith
    Participant

That is the gallery shortcode, actually. So what you see right now is gallery behavior. My other option will be to make a grid and put in the individual objects so I can control them a little better (but that would take longer). Regardless, I can make it work somehow. Thanks, Ethan!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close

Account Activated

Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up.

Close

Account sign-in

Please use the form below to sign-in to your account.

Forgot password?
Close

Recover password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.

We've sent you an activation link. Please check your inbox.

Close

Account signup

1 Account Info

2 Personal Info

Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we'll get a new account set up for you in no time.

In order to avoid spam, automatic account registration is restricted to emails from the following domains – .edu, .org, .gov. To register with a different email address, please write to digitalarchaeology@matrix.msu.edu to request an account.

Success!

A confirmation link has been emailed to you

Skip to toolbar