Group

Group Admins

• Profile picture of Ethan Watrall

Institute for Digital Archaeology Method & Practice

Public Group active 5 years, 11 months ago

Discussion group for the members and faculty of the NEH Funded Institute for Digital Archaeology Method & Practice (http://digitalarchaeology.msu.edu) organized by Michigan State University’s Department of Anthropology and MATRIX: The Center for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences

Parsons – Anhinga Trail

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexandra Parsons 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #431

Shawn
    Participant

Kora seems to be the best place for this. In terms of 3d scans, Sketchfab has special free accounts for academic and other users; often one simply just has to ask. The ‘pro’ account there might have all of the embedding functionality you need (well, certainly the free tier does, but I *think* with pro you get to remove the watermark and a few other useful bells and whistles are provided).

#447

Alexandra Parsons
    Participant

Hi Shawn. Thanks for the feedback. I’ve poked around in sketchfab a little and it looks like a good platform for what I want to do. Removing the watermark would be helpful so I will look into getting the pro account. I’m still working on the website proposal, but I’m hoping to host the website on NPS.gov. Once the proposal is ready, I’ll get in touch with our web coordinators and find out if I can get an nps.gov domain. I’ve been alternating between building content, doing research on the collections, and working on the website proposal. I’m aiming to submit the proposal next month and then dive into content development in March. If for some reason I can’t host it on NPS, Kora sounds like a great option. Thanks again for your comments and advice.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close

Account Activated

Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up.

Close

Account sign-in

Please use the form below to sign-in to your account.

Forgot password?
Close

Recover password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.

We've sent you an activation link. Please check your inbox.

Close

Account signup

1 Account Info

2 Personal Info

Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we'll get a new account set up for you in no time.

In order to avoid spam, automatic account registration is restricted to emails from the following domains – .edu, .org, .gov. To register with a different email address, please write to digitalarchaeology@matrix.msu.edu to request an account.

Success!

A confirmation link has been emailed to you

Skip to toolbar