Group

Group Admins

• Profile picture of Jolene Smith

State Government Archaeology Data

Public Group active 3 months, 1 week ago

This group is a place for discussion among site file managers, curators, collections managers, and archaeological archives professionals at the U.S. state government level (and anyone else interested).

Welcome and Introductions!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paige Silcox Paige Silcox 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #806
    Profile photo of Jolene Smith
    Jolene Smith
    Participant

Hello and welcome! This group is meant to be a forum for sharing ideas, challenges, and solutions related to digital archaeology information at the state level. It’s a bit challenging to scale this group specifically, since agency organization is so varied from state to state, but consider this a big tent (not just SHPO people).

The group’s settings are open by default, but individual topics may be closed if need be. I’ll start a few blank seed topics, but otherwise just see how this evolves. Anyone else who’d like to be an admin is welcome. Group settings will send emails each time a new topic is started. Please feel free to adjust if you’d like to receive more or fewer emails.

Please introduce yourself below!

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Jolene Smith Jolene Smith.
    #807
    Profile photo of Jolene Smith
    Jolene Smith
    Participant

I’m Jolene Smith, the archaeology data manager (my real title is longer) at the Virginia Department of Historic Resources. I’m the SHPO site file manager. I’m interested in digital archives, outreach, data collection, and open government, among lots of other things. I’m active on Twitter and my personal website for archaeological geekery. I started this group after reflecting on the wonderful experience I had sharing information with other site file folks at the DINAA meeting in 2013 and thought it would be great to bring it to the web.

#809
    Profile photo of Kristen Bastis
    Kristen Bastis
    Participant

Hello,

I am one of two Archaeologists at Missouri State Parks.

I have an interest in geo-spatial databases for archaeological data and use the Missouri SHPO’s database constantly assisting State Parks and the NRCS with project review and Section 106 compliance.

Looking forward to the discussions.

#810
    Profile photo of Jamie French
    Jamie French
    Participant

Hi,

I’m Jamie French, the newest of four archaeologists at Oregon SHPO.  My previous position was kind of the keeper of the digital data here and I did a lot of work cleaning up our GIS data.  I’m really interested in this group because we are working towards full digital integration of our data and it is going to be a crazy process.

Looking forward to talking with everyone.

#811
    Profile photo of Eric Kansa
    Eric Kansa
    Participant

Hi all, I direct Open Context (http://opencontext.org) and collaborate with the Digital Index of North American Archaeology (DINAA) project (http://ux.opencontext.org/archaeology-site-data/).

I’m interested in meeting and collaborating with folks creating, curating and using State Government data.

#814
    Profile photo of Paige Silcox
    Paige Silcox
    Participant

Hi there! I’m Paige, I work with the site file at the Tennessee Division of Archaeology. We are in the process of refining and integrating our various databases to improve accessibility. Thanks for setting up this forum, I look forward to learning how other states have made/are making it work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close

Account Activated

Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up.

Close

Account sign-in

Please use the form below to sign-in to your account.

Forgot password?
Close

Recover password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.

We've sent you an activation link. Please check your inbox.

Close

Account signup

1 Account Info

2 Personal Info

Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we'll get a new account set up for you in no time.

In order to avoid spam, automatic account registration is restricted to emails from the following domains – .edu, .org, .gov. To register with a different email address, please write to digitalarchaeology@matrix.msu.edu to request an account.

Success!

A confirmation link has been emailed to you

Skip to toolbar